Friday, September 11, 2009

Review of the Cabbage Soup diet

Well - that's over. I knew there was a reason I didn't believe in diets. Did you try it? The soup is actually pretty good, but after a week you are craving something you can sink your teeth into. I did lose 5 pounds in the first few days, but when I had nice healthy dinner(fish, vegetable and salad) with my husband on his birthday, I gained them all back the next day. Quite depressing.

I do think that the soup diet curbed by hunger somewhat so when I did eat, it was a smaller portion. Will that last? I don't know.

Bottom line for me is don't diet. It's a waste of time and creates too much stress for the whole family.

Instead - really think about what you eat. Here are some things I believe about eating:

- only eat when you are hungry
- eat slowly - enjoy each bite and make it last so you are not tempted to grab seconds
- eat at home as much as possible - you can learn how to prepare foods that you like and that you know are healthy - you can control portion sizes too
- eat a little of everything so you don't feel deprived
- move your body every day in a way that if fun for you (yoga, dance, tennis, biking, ....)
- understand that food is NUTRITION and treat it as such

I'm sure there are more, but that's what I've got now.

I would love your feedback on this diet and diets in general, weight loss, etc.

Be well and happy,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment