The exciting thing is that Life Force has had this amazing antioxidant in our Vitali-C for a couple of years now and the stories of healing are incredible. Let me know if you want more information on this.
As important as bilberry has been in the eye health arena for years, it’s now playing second fiddle to its new sidekick � black currant.*�
Black currant contains some of the highest levels of anthocyanins found in nature -- 190-270 mg per 100 g -- literally blowing bilberry out of the water. Here’s why it rises above the rest:
- Black currant anthocyanins are absorbed in your plasma as well as in eye tissue.*
- 50 mg of black currant powder (9.3% anthocyanins) may help lead to a significant improvement in Dark Adaptation Threshold, a measure of visual fatigue.*
- The same black currant powder at 50 mg, or 200 mL of black currant juice, may also help significantly improve this measure.*
- Black currant extract appears to be effective at three different dosage levels of anthocyanins in helping to improve visual acuity* – but only the 50 mg dosage yielded statistically significant results in one study.*
Please take care of your eyes. Here are a few quick tips:
- When you're doing computer work, give your eyes a break every 20 minutes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Quit smoking
- Drink plenty of water
- Get plenty of sleep
- Maintain a healthy weight to avoid Diabetes
- Wear UVA and UVB blocking sunglasses
- Eat lots of dark green, red, orange and purple fruits and vegetables
- Get regular eye exams