Saturday, January 8, 2011

Losing Weight is Impossible If . . .

Losing weight is impossible if...
If you have your "danger foods" in the house.

I know the food gurus all say that there really is no "bad food"; however, I know that there are certain foods that draw me like a magnet if I'm tired or depressed or angry or bored or..... (fill in the blank).

The ONLY WAY that I can lose weight is to
* get those foods out of the house
* keep them out and
* find something healthy, delicious and easy to grab when I'm in a mood.

Then and only then will I be able to change my habits, end my cravings and lose that weight.

What are your "danger foods"? Usually it's something sweet or salty or both. So what are some substitute foods to get you started on the right path? Here are just a few suggestions. I'd love to hear from you if you've found some "happy" foods that work for you.

Sweet substitutes:

Dried Coconut chunks
Chocolate candy made with stevia and coconut oil instead of sugar and butter (make your own and add nuts or dried fruit)
Dried fruit bits mixed with nuts (careful - don't eat too much)
Sticks of Jicama dipped in lime juice

Salty substitutes:

Nuts (raw is best but if that doesn't do it for you, lightly roast your own with a little coconut oil and salt)
Peanut butter on celery, cucumber or peppers
Popcorn airpopped and drizzled with coconut oil & a little salt

Both:
Home made granola made with raw seeds, nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes, raw oats, flax seed, chia seeds etc. Drizzle with maple syrup and coconut oil. Add some salt and cinnamon then roast for just a few minutes on a cookie sheet. Let cool and store in tins. It's great plain or on unsweetend yogurt.

Remember - the key is getting your "danger foods" out of the house and keeping them out of your grocery cart. Then keep the makings for good "happy foods" in the pantry.

Good luck and let me know how you do.

Be well.
Mary
Maryslifeforce@gmail.com
PS. I know for a fact that Body Balance helps cut down on cravings because it gives your body the nutrients that it needs every day.
http://www.thejoyoflivingwell.com
Follow me on Facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Joy-of-Living-Well/136623569731600

1 comment:

  1. Nice article, I like some of your substitions especially the chocolate stevia idea!!

    ReplyDelete