Thursday, September 3, 2009

Join me in trying the Cabbage Soup Diet.

Well I'm going to try this - they say you can lose 9 lbs in 11 days. This will only be part of my strategy, and I'll talk about the other tactics as we go along.
I hope you will join me and comment on your results. I sure could use the support. : )

The link above will take you to the program on line; however, I have made a few changes to the soup recipe to make it a bit healthier.

Cabbage Soup recipe:
- chopped onions (6 green or one large leek or sweet onion)
- 5 or more cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 jalapenos chopped (optional)
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes
- one head of cabbage chopped
- whole bunch of parsley or cilantro chopped
- whole bag of carrots sliced
- whole container of mushrooms sliced (use a variety if you like)
- whole bunch of celery sliced
- organic broth in a box (beef, chicken, veggie - your choice)
- 64 oz bottle of V8
- 3 tbl of Worcestershire Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- tumeric, and curry powder with the cilantro for an eastern flavor
- chili powder, cumin with the cilantro for a Mexican flavor
- oregano and basil with the parsley for an Italian flavor

Assembling the soup.
Heat large kettle and add 3 - 4 tablespoons of olive oil or organic coconut oil.
Saute the garlic, peppers and onions and mushrooms.
Add savory spices if using them and saute a few minutes to release flavors.
Add all other ingredients and enough water to cover vegetables.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours.

Cool enough to handle then divide into glass jars or containers to store in the fridge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow is my first official day. Wish me luck. Better yet - join me and I'll wish us both luck. Be sure to check out the web site for all the details. http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com.

Tomorrow I'll tell you some of the other tricks I'm using. I'll also let you know as we go along, how effective this all is.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment