Monday, February 1, 2010

What's for Lunch?

Today is day 10 on the Liver Cleanse diet and I'm still hanging in there - actually doing pretty well. : )
Definitely have more energy and have lost some weight too. Yeah!

Last post was about breakfast so I thought I share lunch ideas with you today.
Since this diet is gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and also includes 'food combining', you do have to think about the whole day when you get up in the morning.  I am limited to one serving of grains a day so that means two meals can have protein since I don't have grains and protein in the same meal.

So lunch - there really are a lot of choices. Any combination of vegetables (either raw or cooked) with chicken or fish for a protein meal, or with brown rice or millet or quinoa for a grain meal.

Salads are often my choice since I'm usually short on time. I get a big bowl full of greens and toss in chopped green onions, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and any other veggie that looks good. Then I add tuna or leftover chicken and top with a dressing of cider vinegar, olive or flax oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Some toasted sunflower seeds are good on top.

Stir-fry is my other favorite option. This is usually a veggie dish with mushrooms, bok choy, celery, carrots, zucchini, etc. stir fried in a little olive or coconut oil. Add garlic, ginger, salt and hot sauce. Then add a little water and some almond milk or crushed almonds to thicken the sauce. Sometimes I'll make a curry with tumeric, coriander, cumin, cilantro, and garlic. A little coconut cream is good with this.

Soup needs to be homemade, but with a can of tomatoes or chicken broth and leftover veggies and brown rice or beans, you can make a good soup pretty quickly. Experiment with spices and seasonings. Make small amounts so you don't get bored eating it for a week. If it's a veggie soup, you can have gluten-free crackers or rice cakes with it.

The possibilities really are limited only by your imagination. Have fun with it and enjoy the new you.


Mary
http://www.nomorepill.us, millionsmore@gmail.com, http://marycrawford.firstclassteam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment